I've been invited to a costume party on October 24th bymorganskye, so I decided to put together a pirate lolita outfit. Since I only have a week and a half until the party, I'm going to make it quick by picking up some items from Bodyline (their shipping estimates my order from yesterday should arrive Saturday--how speedy!) and making some accessories. Here's a checklist for those interested, but mostly for my reference:
- Skirt changing the charms or switching chains if I have time
- Shirt (I was going to buy this shirt for Fall/Winter anyway)
- Hat idea: mini tricorn made like this; pick up items from Michael's/JoAnn's/Walmart this weekend (lace, ribbon, feather, beads, etc.)
- Boots: My Babycakes
- Stockings: black tights (have already) or something pirate-themed from the Halloween store
- Accessories: Pirate/Nautical charms for necklaces and bracelets, skipping the eyepatch, possibly making a treasure chest purse if I have money and time
- Hair ideas? I'm thinking either swept into a side ponytail or pulled back since it would really show my curls (a la Marie Antionette) Anyone know of a drugstore or other store that has the Hairzing or something like it? It looks like it could work with an updo, and I want one anyway.